Wednesday, June 20, 2007

A New Hope

Ahoy there mateys!

Last night I watched the classic film, Jason and the Arggganauts, which is argggguably one of the greatest movies of all time.

Why am I writing like a drunken pirate, you ask? Well, good question.

It's probably because I live in Japan, an island in the Pacific, and a region once widely known for its spooky, fanged pirates who roamed the Pacific rim searching for booty and doubloons. What they found, however, was a series of devastating tsunamis and massive volcanic eruptions, (haha) which fairly well ended the Era of Pirates, what historians now call the 1980's.

Except for Hong Kong, of course; you can still buy your mother's spleen on a major thoroughfare after Sunday brunch.

But enough about pirates, because seriously, arrgggggn't you getting tired of that topic? I am.

This blog will begin today and continue through the future, which I happen to know a lot about because I live 13 hours in the future. Whatever you do, don't buy Enron - you'll be very sorry. You can thank me later for the hot stock tip.

On my digital soapbox, I will be discussing the intricacies of life in Japan and keep you up to date on how many monster-sized insects and crustaceans you can find in Tokyo. I kid you not - these giant beasts adorn train stations and shop fronts everywhere, presumably in case of Godzilla's return.

I hope you will keep up with my wacky misadventures working 45 hours a week (spoken in a monster-truck rally announcers voice) and having (cue voice again) little time to go out or have wacky misadventures.

I know I'm sold, so why don't you come on in, sit a spell and share in the laughter and delight, like so many small children at their first X-rated film.....

1 comment:

Jared said...

I am incredibly glad to have found this blog, linked from an unnamed relative of mine. You had me rolling at work, which is always appreciated. Carry on my wayward son.